All of the SME’s responses to the Root Cause Analysis interviews were combined to make the Community Mitigation Map (CMM).
Subject Matter Experts (SMEs):
- Were selected from 8 of the 10 FEMA regions: I, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, and X.
- Had expertise in the following hazards: infectious disease, extreme heat, mass casualty incidents, bombings, explosions, and terrorism, wildfires, floods, nuclear, severe winter storms, tsunami, landslides, tornadoes, and drought.
- Were experts in the following disciplines which span the cycle of preparedness: Hospitals, Emergency Medical Services, Emergency Management, Public Health, Public Works, Business Continuity, Governmental Administration, Law Enforcement and First Responders, Media and Public Warning and Alert Systems, Private Sector; Medical Reserve Corp, and Public Health Emergency Preparedness.
- Worked at the community, tribal, and state levels.
- Represented border areas, rural areas, and urban areas.